Thursday, October 25, 2007

"My Old Kentucky Home" - I wish...

Friday, October 19th, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio to Renfro Valley, Kentucky

208.3 miles
Partly sunny and windy

Went to Precision Temp this morning to get my water heater repaired. Back in June, I had a new on-demand water heater installed – I love long showers, and RVs are famous for not providing much more than a spit-shower. A 10 gallon water heater doesn’t go far.

And like everything else on this bloody coach, the new water heater turned out to be a problem too. I received a replacement part and had it installed back in Flagstaff in early July, and then was on a rather tight schedule to reach Canada for the tour of the Maritimes. I lived with the fact that my water temperature fluctuated wildly more often than not. It’s been looked at a couple other times, but no one had seen or worked on a heater like this and nothing helped. So I came to the factory.

I’m delighted to report that not only did they find and fix the faulty part, they found a way to improve my water pressure, which has always left a lot to be desired, but of course was ‘as designed’ according to Gulf Stream. So I now get a nice hot shower with good water pressure! What a treat! I highly recommend the on-demand water heater for any RVer!!! And will provide information to anyone who is interested! Worth the investment!!!

Plus, they finished their work way earlier than I anticipated, so I was able to hit the road today, rather than hanging around Cinci another day! Happy to get out of town, because last night I went thru another tornado watch with the wild winds and rain and lightning and thunder again!

I meandered along another stretch of the Ohio River Scenic Byway again on my way south(ish). Just as gorgeous as yesterday!!!!!

Passed thru Point Pleasant, the birthplace of Ulysses S. Grant.

More locks and dams and power plants – lots more small campgrounds along the river bank. More barges moving cargo down the river. Enough wind to create white caps. And there were even waves big enough to surf on, behind the barges!

Into Kentucky – oh, I’m in love. The roads improved, the land is beautiful, wineries and vineyards, rolling hillsides – and then the horse country – white fences around the pastures of bluegrass – lovely estates. I could easily spend a lot of time in this area – of course I’d probably need to win a lottery to be able to afford it, but it sure is gorgeous!

Passed thru Paris, Kentucky – its welcome sign says “Horses, History and Hospitality!”

I’m staying in Renfro Valley, which turns out to be a center of old country music, bluegrass and gospel. This park even has its own big entertainment center, with shows almost every day! I just picked it because I liked the name – had no idea it was a ‘destination’ in its own right!!

I’m surrounded by hillsides in beautiful full color!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?