Friday, April 29, 2011

On Target!

I don't think I mentioned earlier that when I went thru that delightful TRAM-flap surgery 8 weeks ago, I felt my belly button was in the wrong spot!

When the doc visited while I was still in the hospital, I asked why there was a little round wound near my waistline (assuming I had a waistline - I was so swollen from the surgery, it was hard to tell!) He said they had to reattach my belly button when they rearranged my tummy. OK.

As I went thru the very extended healing process, I kept looking at the new belly button and it just wasn't in the right place! When I would absent-mindedly reach to scratch the thing, I always put my finger about an inch and a half lower than the 'new one'. I even went back thru some old pictures to see if I was nuts. I wasn't - at least no more than usual!

Mentioned it to Honolulu pal Suzie, and she suggested getting a copy of the Target logo, and presenting it to my doctor. I figured, since I've already damaged my relationship with him by correcting him on our planned procedure in front of his team, I couldn't make it any worse.

So I took a 'target' with me when I saw him earlier this week. Put it on my sign-in form that he receives when he enters the room, so he'd be sure to see it. He, of course, asked about it. So I stuck my foot squarely in my mouth and suggested he use it next time he did a TRAM-flap so he'd be able to put the belly button in the right spot.

Well. It appears I was wrong. Again. Sort of. When he reattached the umbilicus to my tummy skin, he put it where it 'should' be - rather than putting it down at it's elderly gravity sponsored location. Oh. Said, since I'm 'svelte' now, it should be where it belongs - with a smile on his face!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?