Saturday, November 3, 2007

Enough, already!

Friday, November 2nd, 1007
Flatwoods, West Virginia to Winchester, Virginia

200.0 miles
Heavy fog early, then sunshine

Enough already! The things I do to myself, and my coach, just to get a stamp on a map! I’m exhausted!

The last 800 plus miles have been thru absolutely spectacular picturesque gorgeous countryside – the rolling hills, the incredible colors, a few tiny towns, few people – I couldn’t have asked for more.





But it’s the hardest driving I’ve ever done. Narrow winding roads thru steep up and down hills – many miles in 2nd and 3rd gear – and several 9% grades in 1st gear. Hours at 25-30 mph. My hands are cramped, my shoulders are cramped and having spasms . . . I’m tired and beat up. I’ve seen enough pretty two lane roads to last me for a long time! And I truly hate to admit that!

I’ve said it before – my education was definitely lacking. I thought if you wanted to see the fall colors, you had to go way up north east to the New Hampshire, Vermont type area.


I’ve now covered a whole lot of territory, and seen some magnificent colors everywhere – and I’m delighted to have done it all!!!!!

More fun names too – Hillybilly Haven Log Cabin Rentals - Pruntytown - The Honeymooners Gun Store ?? A two-lane bridge that says “only one truck may cross at a time” did not give me a great deal of confidence!

Saw a Las Trancas Restaurant, which made my mouth water for the good Mexican food to be found at a Las Trancas in Rio Rico, Arizona!



I think I'll try to stick to highways for a while.


Candy Hill Campground
165 ward Avenue
Winchester, VA 22602
540-662-8010


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?