Sunday, June 19, 2011

Opposable thumbs are definitely one of the big steps in evolution. We're incredibly lucky to have them. And it's really challenging to try to do without! This damned Trigger Thumb that is driving me crazy at the moment has reminded me how we take for granted that simple motion!

As soon as I try to pick something up, the joint will snap open or closed, usually flipping whatever it is I'm trying to pick up across the room - be it a pill or a jigsaw puzzle piece . . . or a fork full of rice! It's a pain in the ass! I have lost strength in that hand and can no longer open even the simplest jars or caps. Can't turn a screwdriver. I'm trying to learn to cook and brush my hair and my teeth with my left hand - at my age, that's like trying to learn a new language! :o)


The current suggestion is surgery - what I need is more surgery!



So instead, I'll throw in a few more photos I've taken in the last few days!








2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM , Blogger A Tale of Spirit. said...

Gayle, Your photography is awesome!
I'm sorry about your thumb problem and hope you get help with it. Are you eating nutritionally, and not neglecting what you need to heal? I will send you rose coloured light to help you heal. You are too valuable to give up, Gayle. Please know how much you are loved. Many blessings to you....Love DorisMae.

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger A Tale of Spirit. said...

You must be enjoying walking around the park as musch as we did. The cactus are beautiful, as are other flowers who peak out under the sun. Tell Mishi "Hi" and give her a treat for us. Please take good care of you. Love DorisMae

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?