Monday, April 26, 2010

First Chemo - Day 14

Monday, Day 14
Oh, oh.













Oh dear!
Going,















Going,
Gone!


OK - "they" said 14-15 days before the chemo would take my h
air. 14 days, on the dot. Handfuls of hair here and there and everywhere. Rather than make a further mess of the house, waiting for the two or three days, or whatever, for it all to fall out, I opened the champagne and called the Silver Fox and asked him to shave the rest of it off and get it over with.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, he took to the task with relish. Three bottles of bubbles later, after much laughter and sillyness, I'm hairless, and my Silver Fox, Mac the Marauder, has found a new calling - he's headed to Rodeo Drive to take up trimming locks. No
t. But we did have fun!

Mac has decided to re-route thru Nashville on his way to Vermont next week, in hopes of catching up with Kenny Chesney - has a new title for one of his most popular country songs - "One boob, no hair, no problem!!"


Funny - I find it harder to look at my naked head than I did/do to my boobless body. What does that say about vanity??


Now I'm looking forward to the arrival of Suzie from Honolulu, when we'll head to Scottsdal
e with gift card in hand from the Platinum Set for a wig to properly adorn the bare head of no-longer-blondie Gayle!

5 Comments:

At 8:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

AWESOME!! YOU ARE QUITE LOVELY BALD. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR YOUR FUN STORIES OF WIG CHOICES WITH THE SOOZ.

LOVE YA BALDY.

 
At 9:52 AM , Anonymous Sooz said...

Hey Ms. Kojak... First look on the pillow and I might have thought Misha was going through a change of life - no such luck, tho!

Actually, m'dear, you look quite stunning. I kinda like the mohawk look... think we can find a hair piece like that? I suspect those folks in Scottsdale might question our sanity if we inquired about such. Looking forward to our adventure to see what we can come up with.

Oh, and BTW, Mac did a great job on this new style.!

Keep smilin' See ya' soon...I know I don't have to remind you to put some extra bubbly in the fridge!

 
At 10:57 AM , Anonymous kaleowod said...

Aloha Gayle Your hair loss reminded me of my grand niece when she losther hair to chemo (2006-7) 4 yrs old at the time. She talked her Dad into shaving it all off and immediately thereafter took the razor to her Dad's head followed by all the male cousins who stood in line for Addie to do likewise. I believe strongly in your inner faith to get you thru it
Love and Prayers. Kaleo

 
At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, GIRL! You look darn good with no hair!

Patty

 
At 12:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, and I see you updated your profile pic... no moss under them feet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?