Monday, October 20, 2008

Ruidoso downers

Monday, September 29th, 2008
Ruidoso, NM

Beautiful day

Just a quickie, and no pictures because my camera’s memory card died on me, taking numerous photos with it, which is truly sad, because this area is so beautiful!

I drove all over town, and down by Ruidoso Downs, a major horse racing center.
http://www.ruidownsracing.com/

The area is GREEN, and cool, and full of neat shops and homes – tempting for a summer getaway! Except I couldn’t get a phone signal, or an internet connection with my own wi-fi, or even TV with my own satellite. Those are serious negatives for me. There are several other RV parks in town, some closer to the main drag so at least the possibility of a phone signal exists, except AT&T is not strong here! so say the locals!

The park I stayed in would have been really nice (except for those previously mentioned critical connections with the world) – gorgeous setting on a burbling brook, and, like that. BUT, the clown that ran the place was truly weird – and the townspeople knew it and talked about it – he’s a serious conspiratorial theorist. Into stockpiling guns and gold for when our current government forces a police state on us all just prior to the election so George Bush SENIOR can take over the planet! Oh, and all educated people and seniors will be sent to ‘rehabilitation camps’ and gassed. I mean, this guy was off the walls!


But beyond that, Ruidoso is scrumptious! Pricy too. Oh well – on to look for other safe havens!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?