Sunday, September 28, 2008

Out of town!!

Thursday, September 25th, 2008

Tucson to Benson, AZ

31.2 miles (WOW!)
Sunny and Windy!


Finally, I’m “on the road again”!!!

Had a lazy start this morning. Packing up after being planted for 7 months makes for a lot of things to put away! That, plus I wanted to make a short trip to get back in the rhythm of driving a big box, and to break Misha in gently!

I was reminded, sadly, of how bloody awful a road I-10 is. A major interstate and it’s bumpy and pot-holed and just plain worn out! Arizona should be ashamed!

Beyond that, I was pleasantly surprised at how green the countryside is. I knew I’d seen a lot of rain, but obviously this was a terrific monsoon season! The grass is deep and green – well, green by Arizona desert standards!

Stopped at a place I’ve read about recently – Butterfield RV Resort. Didn’t think much of the place – a big paved parking lot. Not much personality. Clean and tidy, blacktop. Oh well – they can’t all be special. 



Hooked up and hunkered down and held on – a wild windy thunderstorm dumped buckets of rain shortly after we arrived. And when I had checked the weather in the morning, there wasn’t a hint of rain for at least 10 days out. As usual, the weatherman knows not of what he speaks!

Butterfield RV Resort
251 S Ocotillo Avenue
Benson, AZ 85602
520-586-4400
www.rv-resort.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?