Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Moving again!

Letter to the Editor
Kerrville Daily Times
January 10, 2008

I’m writing to express my gratitude – gratitude from the depths of my heart – to a number of total strangers who came to my aid in my time of need. I’m a traveler – I live full-time in my RV and travel the back roads of our lovely land. I spent Christmas here in Kerrville, and was headed west on the morning of December 27th, when I made a mis-step from my coach and fell. Fell hard.

I was incredibly fortunate that Jean Cassidy saw me fall. She stopped to offer her assistance. Another kind gentleman, whose name I didn’t get, also stopped and offered his strong back, to help me to my feet. That’s when we determined I must have broken my hip and called 911.

The paramedics were the road angels of aid that we always take for granted. They took me to Sid Peterson Memorial Emergency and the staff there was grand! In fact, when it was determined that I had indeed broken my hip, the entire staff of nurses and aides and therapists were the best I’ve seen – caring and gentle and full of encouragement.

Ms. Cassidy checked in on me 5 times to make sure I was doing well. The All Creatures Animal Hospital took in my sweet little dog and cared for her while I was in the hospital. The Guadalupe River RV Park was kind enough to retrieve my RV and return it to the park for good keeping, and then set it up for the arrival of my friend who flew in to help care for me.

The friendliness and kindness and thoughtfulness offered by the townspeople of Kerrville are beyond any hopes or expectations. I thank you, one and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?