Saturday, March 20, 2010

Whimper

I had a bit of a meltdown last night - shed a few tears - let some pent up emotion out. Not something I let happen often!

I think it all comes down to all the crap I'm reading about the possible side effects of chemo. I think I finally acknowledged that I'm afraid of the damned stuff.

'They' keep telling me that it's vastly improved, and almost no one suffers from the potential side effects anymore. So why are those potential life threatening effects highlighted in every brochure and article and st
ory? Yeah, yeah, it's all CYA, just in case.

As many women are telling me they'd never do it again, as those that say it wasn't all that bad. Except for losing your hair, and fingernails, and getting sick and weak, and developing acid reflux, and chemo brain, and on and on. I definitely am not looking forward to this next five months.

It just frustrates me beyond understanding that I'm taking so long to heal. Then the Silver Fox reminds me that I'm not recovering from an injury (which I've done splendidly so very many times), that it's a disease and requires a totally different arsenal of weapons.

My arm is retaining fluid, of course, and with the nerves a
nd whatnot re-awakening, it feels like a rubber band stretched way too far that just snapped back and hit me - the entire length of the arm. Fun. But I'm being good and doing my exercises. And I haven't leaked thru the hole in my chest for a couple days now - whether that's good or bad I'm not sure!

Grumble, whine, oh woe is me. I'm only acknowledging this failing in my spirit because I vowed to tell the whole story - normally I wouldn't let anyone know I'm human.


But the sun is out today, so I guess I'll make it thru another day. Spring is here, and the wildflowers are blooming, the days are warm and the nights cool. Southern Arizona is definitely where to be these days!!

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Gayle,
Whimpering in perfectly ok, kiddo. You've earned at least and hour long whimper. Your attitude, courage and amazing optimism are an inspiration to all of us who know and love you. So whimper away... for a while..

I hope that knowing there are a whole world full of women praying for you and sending their love helps a bit.

Love to you

 
At 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gayle,


This is the first time that I have commented on your Blog, altho I have been reading it for a long time. Please don't feel bad that you are having whining feelings, and thank you so much for sharing them with us. I love your honesty, it really let's us know what a warrior you are!

You are one gutsy woman, and the rest of us women are pulling for you, and we know that you will make it through this!

Patty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?