Monday, January 29, 2007

It's coming apart at the seams

It's coming apart - I just hope they can put it back together so it works!


and just to prove it's outside the main body -


It's interesting to look at the beast as it's disassembled. For instance, I can understand some of the leaks I've experienced and continue to be baffled by others.
And can't understand the plumbing, because I can't find any plumbing lines at all, but I know the water goes somewhere! They must be hidden between false walls for some reason. Hopefully these folks will take the time to show me some of the secrets before it's all put back together.
I don't think there's a chance the work will be done by this Friday though, as promised. When I stopped by this afternoon, nothing appears to have been done since when I was there Friday.
But that's OK, actually. I finally got my act together and went to Lens Crafters to order some new glasses, as I've been trying to do since I returned from Alaska. Unfortunately, I require a slightly unusual lens, which they don't have in stock (surprise, surprise...), so it'll be a week or so before it arrives. (Why, oh why, didn't I think to go do this sooner?) Maybe it'll all work out in a timely manner. Ha Ha Ha.
Did learn something interesting today - I went out of my way to find a Costco to buy gas. I was pleasantly surprised at the short lines, thinking I had found the perfect time of day to shop. But the Costco price was the same as other stations in the area! I'm so spoiled by the generally BIG price difference in Tucson, I assumed it would be like that everywhere. Oh well.
Think good thoughts for me, and I'll think sunshine for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?