Friday, July 21, 2006

Am I having fun yet?

"They" say this is going to be a fun life. I'm ready for it to start being fun.

First, I've been missing for several days because one of our glorious storms knocked down the wi-fi tower I was using, right after I posted that last entry in fact, so I've been without contact with the world!

So yesterday, I drove into Tucson town to have my own private wi-fi hot spot installed on my coach - it's Internet in Motion - and supposedly will provide me with interent access anywhere, anytime. So far, so good! It's a little pricey, but not as much as getting a satellite dish just for internet, like I had at my house, and it sure beats the reliability, or lack thereof, of 'wi-fi available' sites.

To make the day a little more challenging, I towed the car in with me, so that I could take the doggies to the vet to get their "good health certificates". Did I say 'doggies'? with an 's'? I did, indeed. And that's one of the pieces of really neat news that I was not able to relay to you because I didn't have internet access!

She's my little copper Penny - she's about 8 and just happened to be at my groomer's when I took Bailey to the beauty shop on Tuesday. Her last mommy had a massive stroke, so she needed someone new to love her. I certainly can fit that bill. And it's so much fun to see her with Bailey! His best pal for the first many years of his life was Cognac, an apricot miniature poodle. They were together almost every day. Penny is a chocolate/apricot mix miniature poodle, as you will see as soon as I can get her to sit still for a picture. She is extremely camera shy for some reason - cowers and shakes, poor thing. She plays like Cognac did, and is making my sad old guy a younger version of himself again!!!!

Where was I? of yes, towing the car to town. Other than the extreme heat, everything was going quite well. Ran some errands, picked up the doggies and went back to get the coach. Hooked up the car and headed home. And the REMCO unit failed. Again.

Not to give REMCO a bad name, but this one certainly has been a pain in the ass. It's a little gizmo that allows a front wheel drive car be towed, by using a pump to circulate the tranny fluid. And this is vital, because if the transmission fluid is not circulating while the car is towed, the tranny will fry, which is obviously not a good thing. The system has been around a long time and works really well for many people. But not for me.

So after sitting on the side of the road in 215 degree weather (probably not really that hot) for an hour and a half waiting for a tow, I headed back to Tucson to spend the night so I would be close at hand for the confrontation in the morning! Thankfully, gorgeous Randy was on duty at the Beaudry RV Resort, which made it all a little better. and I received calls from a few friends to help lighten my spirits!

So now I sit, with my sweet doggies who suffered thru the whole event with me yesterday and slept like babies last night, awaiting news on whether the transmission in the Cruiser was damaged by driving, again, when the pump had failed.

And "they" say this is fun? I haven't even made it out of town yet. What happens when I actually hit the road? Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

I'll keep you informed!

1 Comments:

At 8:26 PM , Blogger Pancho said...

I have two close friends who cruise the country in RV's. Both Veterans of the Ia Drang battles of We Were Soldiers fame. I hate to tell you but every email I get from them where ever they are is about fixing their RV's.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Animal Rescue Site

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?